Chemical and Bio-based Chemical Experts, Investors and Consumer Market Leaders Convened in Rotterdam this March.
Thank you to those who attended the 4th International Bio-based Chemicals Conference back in March. Key representatives from leading chemical companies, bio-based chemical developers, investors, end users and technology suppliers convened in Rotterdam to discuss key developments and financial opportunities in the industry.
SAVE THE DATE: Join us again next year!
12 - 14 March 2013, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Bio-based Chemicals was co-located alongside Europe’s largest bioeconomy event, Bio- based Chemicals and welcomed over 250 industry leading attendees for 2 days of intense networking and discussion. Over 30 speakers representative of the complete bio- based value chain explored key topics ranging from product scale up to future market trends to the latest in bio- based chemical development.
Companies who attended Bio- based Chemicals include:
End users- Nike, AkzoNobel, Henkel, Unilever
Chemical and fuel companies- BASF, DSM, Albemarle, Shell, BP Alternative Energy, Sekisui Chemical, Sasol Technology
Financiers- Flagship Ventures, Braemar Energy Ventures, Sofinnova Partners, BASF Venture Capital, Capricorn Venture Partners
Bio- based product developers- Arizona Chemical, Codexis, Evonik Industries, Gevo, LS9, Novomer, OPX Biotechnologies, PennAkem, Zeachem, Solazyme
And many many more...
30+ industry leading speakers from across the value chain:
- Peter Nieuwenhuizen, Director, Future Proof Supply Chains, AkzoNobel - 60 second interview
- Anna Holmberg , Sustainability Policy Director, Europe,
- Eric Althoff, Chief Technology Officer, Chemistry, Arzeda Corp - 60 second interview
- Dr. Michael-Jean Nettersheim, Investment Manager, BASF Venture Capital
- Nadav Dobrin, Senior Process Engineer, Bateman Advanced Technologies
- William Lese, Managing Director, Braemar Energy Ventures
- Warwick Raverty, Chief Scientist, Circa Group - 60 second interview
- Mike Knauf, Senior Vice President, Bioindustrials, Codexis - 60 second interview
- Iain Gilmore, Vice President, New Products Business, Davy Process Technology
- Marko Schnarr, Environmental Affairs Manager, European Bioplastics
- Eveline Lecoq, Research Programme Officer, DG Research and Innovation, E2 Biotechnologies, European Commission
- Dr. Achim Marx, Director Biotechnology Policy, Lobbying & Branding, Evonik Industries
- David Berry, General Partner, Flagship Ventures - 60 second interview
- Bob Bernacki, Director, Business Development, Gevo
- Dr. Frank Roland Schroeder, Director, Sustainability & Product Safety, Henkel
- Dr. Yvon Durant, Chief Technology Officer, Itaconix - view 60 second interview
- Dr. Sarah Hickingbottom, Head of Bio- based Chemicals, LMC International
- Ed Dineen, Chief Executive Officer, LS9
- Samhitha Udupa, Research Analyst, Lux Research
- Dr. John Williams, Head of Materials for Energy and Industry, NNFCC - 60 second interview
- Peter Shepard, Business Development,
60 second interview
- Michael Rosenberg, Vice President, Business Development, OPX Biotechnologies
- Bogdan Comanita, Director Marketing & Sales Europe, PennAkem- 60 second interview
- Josko Bobanovic, Partner, Green Chemistry and Bioenergy, Sofinnova partners - 60 second interview
- Bob Florence, Vice President, Business Development, Fuels and Chemicals, Solazyme
- Dr. Ulrich Kettling, Global Director Biotechnology & Biorefineries, Corporate Research & Development, Sud-Chemie
- Dr. Murray McLaughlin, President & Chief Executive Officer, Sustainable Chemistry Alliance
- Dr. Michael Butler, R&D, Platform Developer, Unilever
- Eran Baniel, General Manager & VP Business Development, Virdia
- Robert Walsh, Chief Commercial Officer, ZeaChem
Key focuses at Bio-based Chemicals 2012 included:
- Bringing chemistry majors and bio-chemical companies together to move towards an integrated chemicals supply chain
- The end user perspective on future market trends - what will be driving the market in years to come?
- Achieving technology scale up - what paths are being taken, where is investment available?
- Exploring future-proof feed stocks - breaking the link with volatile oil prices
Bio-based Chemicals was co-located with two world-leading specialised events
12 - 14 March 2013
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Miss Anna Watson
Bio- based Chemicals Event Director
Green Power Conferences