FREE MIREC Webinar
This webinar was broadcast live on the 3rd April 2012
The end of the Calderon administration and the possible return of the PRI; how would a change of government affect the renewable energy development of Mexico?
The 60 minute information-driven prelude to the 2-day Mexican International Renewable Energy Congress which will be held in Mexico City on the 15-16 May featured presentations from the DESERTEC Foundation, the Mexican Geothermal Association, GreenMomentum, ANES and ITAM.
Brian Schmidly, Mexico Coordinator, DESERTEC Foundation
José Luis Quijano, Treasurer, AGM (Mexican Geothermal Association)
Rafael Carmona, Vice President of Technology, GreenMomentum, and Secretary of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, ANES
Duncan Wood, Professor, ITAM and Senior Consultant, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
To download the webinar, click on the download button above.
The discussion addressed the importance of re-engagement by the cross-border committee in charge of export, citing a lack of progress over the last 2 years. We also debated the level of government commitment to renewable energy generally, and the need for the incoming administration to commit to the industry.
These discussions will continue at the Mexican International Renewable Enery Congress which will bring together leading experts across the Geothermal, Wind and Solar power industries to discuss ways to drive forward the Mexican market.
The congress will be opened by five leading key notes speakers:
- Mario Molina, Nobel Prize Winner and Environmental Spokesman
- Jordy Herrera, Minister of Energy, Mexico
- Dan E. Arvizu, Director, U.S. Department of Energy's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
- Maurizio Bezzeccheri, Head of Iberia and Latin America, Enel Green Power
- Hugo Beteta, Subregional Director, Mexico, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean